How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely simple to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.